#24: Venison & Haggis Scotch Egg
Haggis & Venison Scotch Egg
120g haggis (you can buy your haggis in one of our restaurants – we’ve started making our own venison based version!)
40g black pudding
160g venison mince
200g plain flour
4 eggs whisked
- Break down the haggis and black pudding into a fine crumb and mix through the venison mince until it is an even mixture.
- Separate in to 80g balls.
- Squash into 4mm discs.
- Boil the eggs for 6mins then immediately plunge into running iced water for 10mins until cool.
- Peel the eggs and wrap in the sausage meat.
- Roll the eggs in the flour, then whisked eggs, then breadcrumb.
- Shallow fry the scotch egg at 170C for 5mins on each side.
- Serve with condiment of choice.