#25: Venison & Haggis Wellington
Haggis & venison wellington
400g venison chateaubriand or loin larder trim
100g haggis stuffing
1 sheet puff pastry
100ml sticky red wine jus
20ml brown butter
Haggis Stuffing Mix
35g sausage meat – whatever you choose.
17.5g sautéed onion
35g bread crumbs
3g diced sage
1tsp hot water
- Break up the haggis into a fine crumble and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Keep in a container until ready to use.
- Take the meat from the fridge. Rub with a little veg oil and massage with some table salt.
- Sear for 30-60 secs on each side in a very hot pan and keep to one side.
- Wrap the meat in the stuffing and roll in the puff pastry – seal the parcel up and brush with egg wash.
- Place in the oven 180-200C for 20mins until golden brown.
- Mix the jus and brown butter and heat in a saucepan
- Slice the wellington right away to avoid it over cooking, season and serve with the sauce.